- Catholic Women’s League
- Knights of Columbus
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- Men for Spiritual Fitness
- Discalced Carmelite Secular Order
- First Friday Adoration
Who We Are
The Catholic Women’s League of Canada is a national organization rooted in gospel values calling its members to holiness through service to the people of God.
The League was established on 17 June 1920, and is officially recognized by the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops as a lay association of women and is affiliated with the World Union of Catholic Women’s Organizations, a world-wide federation holding membership in the conference of International Catholic Organizations and having consultative status with the agencies of the United Nations.
The goals of the League is to unite Catholic women in Canada to:
- achieve individual and collective spiritual development;
- promote the teachings of the Catholic Church;
- exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family life;
- protect the sanctity of human life;
- enhance the role of women in the Church and society;
- recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere;
- uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world; and,
- contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony.
What We Do
The Catholic Women’s League of Corpus Christi is at the service of the Parish Community and our wider community of Thunder Bay. We are involved in many programs and ministries: assisting as liturgical ministers in our celebrations, providing opportunities for fellowship with our bazaars, as well as spiritual support through special prayer services held throughout the year.
When We Meet
The general meeting is held on the first Tuesday of the month in the Parish Hall.
Every Catholic woman who is 16 years of age is welcome to join this sisterhood. Every member of the Catholic Women’s League can answer your questions about joining the League.
We humbly pray you, O God our Father, to bless The Catholic Women’s League of Canada. Bless our beloved country, our homes, and families. Send your Holy Spirit upon us to give light to our minds and strength to our wills, that we may know and fulfill your great law of charity. Teach us to share with others at home and abroad, the good things you have given us. This we ask through our Lord Jesus Christ and intercession of our patroness, Our Lady of Good Counsel. Amen.